Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our services. By REGISTERING FOR, accessing or OTHERWISE using the Services, you agree to this policy.
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Policy applies to persons who use our Services (“Users”), which allows Users to share notes, tasks, and messages with other Users or any individuals with an email address. For purposes of this Policy, personal information includes your name, email address, and any other information that may be used to identify you. Personal information does not include anonymized information or information that you provide us that cannot be used to identify you. This Policy does not apply to: (i) information we collect offline or through any other means outside of the Services; or (ii) information collected by any third party, including any content that may link to or be accessible from through our Services.
2. UPDATES TO THE POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new or updated Policy on our website, scribblepost.staging.wpengine.com and amending the “Last Updated” date listed at the beginning of the Policy. If we do not make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, the posting of the new policy shall constitute notice to you. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
3. SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information from you when you directly provide it to us, for example when you register and create or modify your account, request certain services, communicate with other Users of the Services, contact customer support or provide feedback, or otherwise communicate with us.
B. INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you.
- Device Information: We may automatically collect information about the device and internet connection that you are using to access ScribblePost, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information:When you interact with the Services, we automatically collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, pages viewed, website crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services, if you are linking to our Services from such third-party site or service. This information may include real-time location information about the location of your device based on your IP address.
C. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your ScribblePost account with a social media platform, we may receive information about you or your connections from that website or app.
4. OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Application and Services
- Personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommending features, content, applications, best practices and advertisements
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of ScribblePost and third parties, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
5. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
A. THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your personal information:
- With other Users and third parties if directed by you or implied by your use of the Services
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate
B. OTHER SHARING
We may share your personal information:
- With ScribblePost subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes
- With third party service providers such as vendors, consultants, and marketing partners, who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing
6. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
8. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
The Services may integrate with certain social media platforms which allow you to sign in through your social media account and share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such platforms enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your settings with the applicable social media platform. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social media platforms for more information about how they share the data you provide to or share through them.
9. ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You may update or correct information about yourself at any time by logging into your in-ScribblePost account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
10. PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please use the contact information as provided at the end of this Policy. ScribblePost does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
We safeguard the security of your personal information with industry-standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures. However, the safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidentially. Additionally, as transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our services.
13. CONTACT US
PO Box 2498
Sydney, NSW 1355
How can I get early access to ScribblePost?
Please sign up below!
If you are a journalist, blogger, podcaster, or similar, please email email@example.com to arrange a time to talk.